Well, this was definitely my least favorite convention out of the five I have been to in the past four years, but I am still glad I went. I met some really lovely people and had some interesting experiences.
Highlights of the Con:
- Thursday! All of it!
- PortProm. Best one Portcon has ever had.
- The Shonen Ai Panel.
- The Homestuck Photoshoot.
- The Homestuck Panel. (Partly. I am still mortified about my personal failure to being able to form a sentence when I am nervous.) But overall it was a success and everyone ELSE did wonderful. XD
- Getting wonderful photos this year.
- The parade.
- Brian Brushwood’s Magic Show.
- The Rave. (Although it was my least favorite that I’ve ever attended. I still had fun.)
- Getting Kyle Hebert and Joel Macdonald’s autographs!
- The girl in the mall who freaked out because I was Roxas. Haha.
- Buying beautiful Kuroshitsuji posters.
- Finding Glee Season One for $8.
- Meeting excellent people. That’s always great.
Negatives of the Con:
- Uncomfortable in my cosplay from the heat all weekend.
- Basically no Kingdom Hearts cosplayers! D: So therefore, no KH Meetup!
- Never ran into Carrie Jones to get her to sign my “Captivate” book.
- The rain on Saturday night. Ugh.
- Saturday in general.
- Getting unbelievably nervous at the Homestuck Panel and embarrassing myself.
- Getting sick from bad apple juice.
- Getting sick on Sunday; and I am STILL sick. ):
- Not having all the friends with me that I am used to having at the con.
- Losing one of my favorite earrings.
- Losing my clear monroe labret.
- Running into my ex.
- Being left alone a lot.
- Other stuff I can’t talk about.
Determined to make next year better! As I said though, I am still glad I went and there were some SUPER fun moments. Wonder what cosplay I’ll have for next year. :D